Thursday, December 22, 2005

Fun Christmas Facts (or, It's a Man's World, So Slap 'Em if You Got 'Em)

















At my weight and speed, I burn approximately
85 calories per mile.

At Tim’s weight and speed, he burns

approximately 90 calories per mile.

It takes 3,500 calories to burn off one pound of fat.

To lose one pound without dieting, I have to

run a little over 41 miles.

To lose one pound without dieting, Tim has to run just

under 39 miles. (Remember, he runs faster, so he’s
finished about 2 hours and 45 minutes before I am.)

The average Christmas dinner, including two

glasses of wine, is around 2,000 calories.

To maintain my weight, I can eat up to 1,972 calories in

an entire day. So, to avoid gaining weight, I must give
Tim part of one of my two measly glasses of wine from
Christmas dinner. Forget eggnog; although I consider
it to be the nectar of the gods, I must avoid it
if I don’t want to look like Buddha.

Tim can eat 2,559 calories a day to maintain his weight.

That means he can add part of my glass of wine, a slice
of blueberry pie, and two spiked eggnogs and he’s still
under his required calories. In the alternative,
he gets to eat breakfast. I get to watch him.

You . . .

MEN.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Screw all that....I'm having what I want to eat on Christmas!!!
Mary