Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Benefits











This intense journey has sent me many unexpected places - within myself and outside myself. I’m carrying less baggage, less weight – in body, in mind. I’ve lost 25 pounds. I am now a person who can run 18 miles all at once. I can’t quite believe that, but it’s true. Soon, I’ll be someone who can run 26.2 miles. I find I want to hang on to that ability. I don’t want to go back to the way I was before – fat, eating and drinking too much, feeling bad, not spending enough time taking care of myself.

I’ve also been able to experience the journey vicariously, through Mom and everyone in the tribe who posts, but especially through Tim. He’s in shape now and he’s started lifting weights for real. He told me that he used to lift a number of years ago, and I have always been able to see the ghost of that in his chest and back, but now – good grief, I can hardly believe what I see. It’s exciting, even a little scary. He’s begun to look cut and he’s getting BIG.

It’s a cliché, but I'll be damned if it isn’t true – we’re like a couple of kids in a candy store. It’s made me think I should drag my own weights out of the garage and I’m going to do that, tonight, and start using them. I want to keep up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Girl!! Way to go, Tim!! Keep up the good work.
Mary