Monday, October 17, 2005

Be on the Watch for Fairytale Creatures - You Don't Know Where They've Been























Just got back from my post-surgical checkup and everything looks good. My nose, which in its current state is substantially smaller and straighter than any nose previously located on my face, is, my surgeon assures me, hugely swollen both inside and out, and while it will apparently not disappear entirely from my face, it will not attain its ultimate splendid petiteness for approximately three months.

He also gave me the dubious permission to blow my nose, something I haven't attempted since I broke it a little over two weeks ago. I wasn't quick enough to catch full sight of it, but I think a leprechaun or perhaps a small wood sprite may have sprung out and scurried away on my first timid, experimental attempt.

He says I can run on Sunday, but my nose will swell up even larger and hurt. I haven't decided for certain, but my thoughts are leaning heavily toward either walking the entire thing or abstaining entirely, but I'll be there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure he didn't give you a Michael Jackson nose???

I think you should sit out the run on Sunday but you already know what I think......

Mary

Doseydotes said...

Everybody with their Michael Jackson jokes. My nose is a lot of things, but removable it ain't.

Anonymous said...

Listen to your mother!
Mary

Doseydotes said...

Okay, to answer everybody:

I'm leaning quite heavily toward sitting it out, mostly because I haven't done any running for so long and I'm just a eensy bit worried that I might embarrass myself by being unable to finish! Whatever I decide to do, I'll feel okay about it, though; I promise.

I always listen to my mother, I just don't always do as she says.

Tim, you and I have twisted each other so much that I think we're inextricably intertwined, which is how I like it.

I've been asked before if I was Italian, but never if I was Jewish, and how do you know you don't like the new'un if you haven't even seen it? Streisand to MJ would be a downgrade in many more ways than just one.

As I told Tim last night, I'll have to stay with him forever, now, because with anyone else I'd always wonder if he really loved me for myself, or just for my nose.