Friday, July 29, 2005

The Grammarian




















There once was an insane grammarian
Who some thought was quite antiquarian
When she saw a mistake
O’er the coals she would rake
She thought of herself as abderian

She loved all the people around her
But, woe to the lonely propounder
Who put forth a jest
Where the spelling was guessed
The meanie would quickly pound down her

So, sorry if I have offended
Your jokes and your stories are splendid
I love every one
Your selves you’ve outdone
And I hope that our friendship is mended

And limericks, please all of you write
I’ll read them and laugh all the night
And please make them naughty
I promise not to get haughty
They give me such total delight

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could pen you a limerick
But I can't seem to get past the dipstick
I'll try ever so hard
To be quite the bard
But what I write is just so much of nasty ick.