Thursday, August 04, 2005

And the Nobel Prize for Limericks Goes To...














I give up. I know when I've been beaten. See Tim's submission below.

They had a grammatical go-round
about the gender of the pronoun
where the subject can
be a woman or man;
it was "he," "she" and "they" at the showdown.

Writing the traditional way,
it was "he" that would carry the day.
"She" was a non-starter,
"he" sounds so much smarter,
but the P. C. crowd is behind "they."

The singular subject was "each."
Their dilemma was really a peach.
They did not want to change it
but to rearrange it;
a solution they needed to reach.

They fin'ly came to the conclusion
their problem was just an illusion.
They changed "each" to "all;"
"they" answered the call;
and the sentence was just as amusin'.

2 comments:

Doseydotes said...

Of lyrics, I feel I must toast his
He’s clearly the bard with the mostest
My rhymer is raw
From his coup d’etat
I can’t believe I’m going to post this

Anonymous said...

Cool, Tim!
Mary