Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Something About This Running

Each morning when I arrive at work, the first thing I do, the very first thing, is check the blogs.

I read Adolph’s blog. I comment. I look at the other blogs and see that, for the most part, they remain unchanged. Sometimes I’m pleasantly surprised. This morning, I realized I’ve been checking my own blog every day. It sits there, waiting.

Something about this running has dried up a lot of other things in my life. It is all-consuming right now. I say "right now," because I hope it won’t continue to be this way. I hope it becomes just one thing I’m doing. On non-kid days, Tim comes over, we run, we shower, we eat, and I fall asleep watching a movie. I haven’t even been writing. Hence, my blog.

Running ain't my boss, dammit. It’s about time I wrestled it to the ground and rubbed its nose in the dirt. Made it cry uncle. And I’m gonna do that. Right after this nap.

No comments: